How to Access a Zoom Meeting
- Zoom is a free program that you can download on your computer or laptop, so before you join us for any Zoom classes, ensure you have that downloaded! Go to zoom.us/download and follow all directions for your browser.
- To join any Zoom meeting from Writespace, you will either 1)receive a link to the Eventbrite online page with the Zoom meeting invitation or 2)receive an email with the invitation. When it’s time for the class to start, click on the link.
- Wait for a bit in the “waiting room” of the Zoom meeting. The instructor will let you in momentarily.
- If this is your first time joining a Zoom meeting from this device, you will be asked to allow Zoom permission to access the camera and microphone. Allow the permission.
- Ensure that your audio is connected as well as your camera by clicking “join audio by computer.” Same for video!
- Happy Zooming!
If you find yourself audio or visual issues once you're in the meeting, go through the troubleshooting guide on Zoom's website.
How to Maneuver Google Classroom
Some of our workshops will utilize Google classroom as a supplement to the Zoom calls. If this is the case, it will be indicated on the workshop listing.
- To gain access to your instructor’s Google Classroom, you will need to ensure that you have a Google account. Fortunately, this is a free service. You can sign up here.
- Your instructor will send out a class invitation link or will provide you with an access code. Connect with your instructor for the exact details on how you will get the invitation. Once you have it, continue with the next steps
- If you receive an invite: It will be sent to your Gmail account. Click “join” to get access.
- If you receive an access code: Go to classroom.google.com/. Make sure you are logged into your Google account. Click on the + sign in the upper right hand corner, then click "Join Class." Enter your access code.
- Once in the classroom, you can create posts by typing in the “share something with the class” box.
- In the “Stream” section, you will see whenever new posts get added or when assignments are added.
- The “Classwork” section is where you can see just your assignments. You can track your progress with that as well the link that says “View your work.”
- To access and turn in assignments, click on the title, then click "View question" or "View assignment".
- In the “People” section, you can view your instructor and classmates.