How to Access a Zoom Meeting
- Zoom is a free program that you can download on your computer or laptop, so before you join us for any Zoom classes, ensure you have that downloaded! Go to zoom.us/download and follow all directions for your browser.
- To join any Zoom meeting from Writespace, you will either 1)receive a link to the Eventbrite online page with the Zoom meeting invitation or 2)receive an email with the invitation. When it’s time for the class to start, click on the link.
- Wait for a bit in the “waiting room” of the Zoom meeting. The instructor will let you in momentarily.
- If this is your first time joining a Zoom meeting from this device, you will be asked to allow Zoom permission to access the camera and microphone. Allow the permission.
- Ensure that your audio is connected as well as your camera by clicking “join audio by computer.” Same for video!
- Happy Zooming!
If you find yourself audio or visual issues once you're in the meeting, go through the troubleshooting guide on Zoom's website.
How to Maneuver Wet Ink
Some of our workshops will utilize Wet Ink as a supplement to the Zoom calls. If this is the case, it will be indicated on the workshop listing.
- You will be invited to the class via email.
- Wet Ink provides an online workshop classroom for participants to interact with each other.
- Instructors may use Wet Ink to give assignments, post readings, start discussions, or request and provide feedback for submitted writing.