We've had an amazing first year. We've seen writers come together and collaborate in new ways. We've seen people who thought that they were just "dabbling" at writing become committed to putting writing first in their lives. Through our weekly writing workshops led by some of Houston's finest writing teachers, we've been able to support writers who can't afford to earn an MFA in Creative Writing the same high-quality training and mentorship opportunities available through MFA programs.
Keep an eye out for more info to come June 1! Here's a taste of the great things in store for our campaign:
- A special Brewery retreat perk in collaboration with Fetching Lab Brewery.
- A big birthday blast Friday, June 26th at 7pm
- A curated collection of shorts and poems entitled “Our Space,” featuring writing from the Houston community. (Contributors include: Cassandra Rose Clarke, Christina Escamilla, Patricia Flaherty Pagan, Mary Wemple, Andrea Barbosa, Jessica Capelle, Thomas McNeely, Kristin Bonilla, Sara Rolater, Karleen Koen, Carlos Hernandez and more!)
- Book Bundles from local Houston Authors
- A writing retreat at Writespace
- And much more!
Make sure you follow us on Facebook to get updates on our campaign. We hope you will consider donating! Thank you Houston for your wonderful support!